Back to TimelineNext StoryPrevious Story
    photo of Samuel Morse with his Recorder by Brady, 1857

    Mr. and Mrs. Samuel F. B. Morse

    On June 17, 1859, Mr. and Mrs. Samuel F. B. Morse donated $500, which was used for “a well, to finish the bathing-rooms and plumbing, and to carry water through the building.”  The Home received many other donations on a smaller scale, and in many instances the donors wanted to remain anonymous.